From mobile strategies to end-user adoption, and from BYOD to Wi-Fi: The state of mobile communications is constantly evolving. Since 2011, Spok has surveyed healthcare professionals to reveal the long-term trends, spot emerging technologies, and provide a yardstick for organizations to measure their progress.
In 2018, more than 300 respondents shared their firsthand insights on how hospitals support their care teams with communication technology. Download the extensive visual report to view more than 50 data points and better understand the challenges and opportunities for mobile communications in healthcare.
Some key findings include:
- 44% of our respondents were clinicians. This is a 9% increase from 2017.
- 57% respondents report having a mobile strategy in place
- The most popular reason for updating a policy is to better meet the needs of end users at 39%, followed by addressing changes in clinical workflows at 28%
- There was a 19% year-over-year increase in security team involvement for policy enforcement
- However, only 39% said their policies are enforced extremely well and consistently
- There was a decrease in the number of organizations using secure texting, but an increase in the number of organizations looking to implement a collaboration solution in the next 3-5 years