ATLANTA, March 1, 2010 — The North Shore-LIJ Health System, the nation’s third-largest, non-profit, secular health system, and the ninth-largest employer in the city of New York, has selected Kronos Incorporated® to implement time and attendance and employee scheduling across the organization.
- North Shore-LIJ is automating critical workforce business processes with Kronos for its 38,000 employees across more than 50 facilities and offices, including hospitals, rehabilitation centers, emergency management systems, research centers, and administrative offices.
- The health system selected Kronos because of its industry leadership; commitment to research and development; superior integration capabilities; and its advanced scheduling solution.
- With Kronos, North Shore-LIJ is eliminating its previous manual paper-based timekeeping and scheduling processes to achieve efficiency and standardization across the locations.
- The accuracy in timekeeping will also enable the organization to review wage and hour regulatory requirements and manage overtime effectively. Additionally, North Shore-LIJ expects to improve staff-to-patient ratios with real-time knowledge and utilization of labor.
- By enhancing efficiency with Kronos, the health system expects to achieve its organizational goals of improving the patient experience; delivering the highest possible quality care; and enhancing financial performance.