Orca Health, a technology company that creates software solutions that empower healthcare providers to improve quality of care, announced the launch of Waiting Room, a digital content platform designed to streamline and improve the patient experience from diagnosis to treatment to post-surgical care.
Patients are presented with Waiting Room on a tablet when they arrive at their appointments. The app’s capabilities help patients and providers by:
- Streamlining the registration and intake process
- Educating patients with personalized 3D, multi-sensory content
- Setting baselines for outcome measurements (PROMs)
- Improving provider consultation efficiency
- Facilitating patient comprehension and provider satisfaction surveys
Waiting Room transfers the diagnosis, treatment plan, and postoperative instructions to the patient’s smart device or home computer to be accessed at any time. Providers are able to guide and instruct patients through the continuum of care in a simple and comprehensible way, increasing treatment-plan compliance, and decreasing patient anxiety.
For healthcare providers, Waiting Room helps increase administrative efficiency, reduce the number of patient call backs, and enhance their online presence.